Microsoft Dynamics SL allows you to create templates for reports, which can help streamline the report creation process saving you time, making reporting easier, and ensures consistency and accuracy in your report formats. Businesses that use templates for financial reports in Microsoft Dynamics SL improve their financial reporting processes.
Some examples of report templates that can be created in Microsoft Dynamics SL include:
- Balance sheet: A report that summarizes a company’s assets, liabilities, and equity at a specific point in time.
- Income statement: A report that summarizes a company’s revenue and expenses over a specified period of time, typically a month or a year.
- Cash flow statement: A report that tracks the movement of cash into and out of a company, providing information on cash inflows from operations, investments, and financing, and cash outflows for operations, investments, and financing.
- Sales by customer: A report that displays sales data broken down by customer, providing insights into the performance of individual customers.
- Sales by product: A report that displays sales data broken down by product, providing insights into the performance of individual products.
- Sales by region: A report that displays sales data broken down by geographical region, providing insights into regional sales trends.
- Purchases by vendor: A report that displays purchasing data broken down by vendor, providing insights into the performance of individual vendors.
- Purchase order history: A report that tracks all purchase orders for a specified time period, including information on the vendor, items ordered, and amounts paid.
- Inventory valuation: A report that displays the value of a company’s inventory, including information on the quantity, cost, and value of each item in stock.
- Inventory by location: A report that displays inventory data broken down by location, providing insights into the distribution of inventory across different sites.
- Project cost analysis: A report that displays the costs associated with a project, including information on labor, materials, and overhead expenses.
- Project billing: A report that displays project billing information, including the total amount billed, the amount paid, and the amount outstanding.
- Project profitability: A report that displays the profitability of a project, including information on revenue, costs, and profits.
- Employee earnings history: A report that displays a summary of an employee’s earnings history, including information on salary, bonuses, and benefits.
- Employee tax liabilities: A report that displays the amount of taxes withheld from an employee’s paychecks, including information on federal, state, and local taxes.
Job cost reports:
- Job cost analysis: A report that displays the costs associated with a job, including information on labor, materials, and overhead expenses.
- Job cost to complete: A report that displays the estimated cost to complete a job, based on current expenses and projected expenses for remaining tasks.
How to Create a Report Template in Dynamics SL
No matter your industry or department, using templates will help you look good and save you time. Here are the general steps, using the report writer tool, to create a template in Dynamics SL:
- Open the Report Writer tool in Microsoft Dynamics SL.
- Select the report that you want to use as a template.
- Make any necessary modifications to the report, such as changing the format, adding custom fields, or modifying the layout.
- Click on the Save Template button. The Save Template (98.600.01) screen should appear, and you will see the existing template id and description.
- Enter a new Template ID, type out a Description, and then click OK.
- Save the report as a template.
- The new template is now saved and ready to be used.
- To use the template for future reports, select the template when creating a new report.
Note: The specific steps for creating and using a template may vary based on the version of Microsoft Dynamics SL you are using.
Do you have questions or need assistance with Microsoft Dynamics SL? From upgrades, development, report writing, licenses, or training, we have the experts on hand to help you.
Contact Us Today!