How to Turn Your Manufacturing Business into the Factory of the Future
For manufacturers to succeed in today’s digital economy, a modern factory is essential using innovative technologies to transform their businesses. These tools will automate processes, improve quality, increase throughput, lower costs, bolster sales, and bring you higher profits.
Unfortunately, entry-level applications and legacy ERP solutions are hindering your growth with having to invest in costly customizations or complex, expensive, and disconnected hardware, system, and processes. Replacing those systems with new, innovative cloud ERP solutions can modernize your factory and business operations.
There’s a better way, and it just takes a little planning.
Steps to a Digital Transformation
Without a complete plan, it’s challenging to modernize your manufacturing operations. How do you know that you have the right technologies in place to take your business to the next level? Are you confident your ERP system has the features you need, and they are set up correctly for your business?
The strategies you implement to automate your factory depends on how far you are in your digital transformation journey. Manufacturers who are just starting will have few automated processes using basic technologies. Manufacturers further along will have more automated processes using progressively more advanced technologies. The first step is to understand where you currently are before developing a digital transformation plan. Use the diagram below to chart your journey.
Once you have an understanding of where you are, and where you want to be, you need to research options, prioritize activities, and develop a detailed plan.
- Foundation: Technology has evolved quickly. Does your current business system easily integrate with other applications or have an open architecture? Are there modules available to purchase to improve factory operations? Do you get instant, real-time data in reports and dashboards to help you make business decisions or are you waiting for days for reports to be pulled together?
- Research: Review your current system features and find where there are functional gaps. Not only now, but for future needs. Then conduct a thorough business process review to identify areas that can be improved with automation.
- Prioritize: Reviewing the list of functional gaps, decide which ones are most important based on costs and benefits.
- Develop a Plan: Your plan should define your desired goal, supporting technologies, and a timeline and process for conducting the implementation from start to finish.
Turn your business into the factory of the future. It’s not just faster; it allows you to extend the abilities of your entire team, enabling them to do things they never imagined possible. Learn more about Acumatica, the cloud ERP and how you can modernize your operations.
“Acumatica provides the best business and industry management solution for transforming your business to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with an open architecture for modern technologies, rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers an unparalleled experience for users and customers alike.”
Ready to get started?
GaleForce Consulting Partners has the experience and expertise to help turn your business into a factory of the future. We have helped businesses just like yours, pulled in multiple directions, leveraging a mess of disparate applications, and unable to get accurate information. It doesn’t matter what system you’re using, how old it is, how bad your data is. We’re experts at taking what you have and determining what you ultimately want to do with it all. Then we dig in and figure out how to make it happen.
Give us a call and let’s talk growth. 1-833-432-7278.
In the meantime, download this free playbook and learn more: Download PDF – Prepare for the factory of the future with Acumatica Manufacturing Edition Playbook
- Which eight feature categories to look for in your next manufacturing ERP.
- How a modern ERP can support your use of 14 emerging technologies.
- Four simple steps to digital transformation.
- The four phases of creating a modern factory.
- Why Acumatica Manufacturing Edition is ideal for transforming your manufacturing business.
- You’ll also get a handy checklist that will help you assess your organization’s progress in building the factory of the future. Download the playbook now.
Read some of our successes and see how we’ve helped other manufacturers like you:
Dukathole Group boosted growth to meet the needs of the housing crisis.
Erickson International replaced Sage 100 with Acumatica and connected 7 locations and numerous disparate systems.
FSC Lighting improved processes and scaled rapidly with Acumatica, a modern ERP solution.